3.05.2012

chalkboard clipboards {a guest post by haley}


Hi everyone! I'm Haley from Chapter Thirteen and I'm so excited to be guest posting here today! I'm going to show you how to do a simple little craft (above). These clipboards are great for decorating and displaying photos, inspiration, and quotes.


what you'll need:
-a clipboard
-chalkboard paint
-painters tape

I used chalkboard spray paint (bought at Walmart), but the brush-on kind would probably work too. 


{step one} Using your tape, cover up all metal on the clipboard. I painted one of mine only half-way. To do that place one strip of tape across the middle, then cover everything above it with tape.


{step two} Paint the clipboards with the chalkboard paint, then let them dry completely (I let mine dry overnight). 


{step three} After the paint dries, remove the tape.


{step four} Hang where you like and enjoy!


Thanks for having me, Francesca!

xo,
Haley

your welcome haley! thanks for guest posting! 

7 comments:

  1. thanks francesca! i'll have a link up on my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea, Haley! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous idea!

    ~sillajophotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! I actually bought a clipboard at a thrift store the other day for this exact purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial! I've been wanting to do this for a while.(: Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE. I so need to do this... chalkboard paint is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are AMAZING! I wand chalkboard paint now soooo badly! :)

    ReplyDelete